Four Way Test

Is it the Truth

Is it Fair to all Concerned

Will it Build Good Will and Better Friendship

Will it be Beneficial to All Concerned

Rotarians Having Fun

Rotarians Having Fun
Rotarians with RI President

Thursday, June 30, 2011

DG Judy's Info for July 2011

Governor’s Thoughts

Get ready, get set – we are blogging!!!!

Those of you who viewed the UTUBE video “Here’s Hudson” know that I have lots of nerve ☺ So here I am, starting my year by creating a blog that will supplement the District Newsletter. As you may have surmised, the newsletter will also be supplemented by – you guessed it – UTUBE videos, radio interviews – HEY, we are asking YOU to be innovative, creative and flexible at the club level, why not at the district level as well.

I want to thank those of you who were able to attend the DG – 2011-2012 Installation at the Phipps Center for the Arts, in Hudson. The committee, headed by Hudson Daybreak Past President, Dick Whitcomb, did an outstanding job – I know, because everyone who attended that event has been telling me that. The committee included Rotarians from the Daybreak club, the Hudson Rotary club, and even non-Rotarians who offered an evening filled with fellowship, entertainment, and the DG installation program – NICE. Visit the district website for photos of the event. (As always, thank you, Gayland Bender.)

I am hardly started as DG, so I thought I would capture the essence of my “talk” at the installation on the 23rd. I focused on RI President Banerjee’s topic of Family/Community, inviting clubs to proactively come to know their local “culture” and discern how they embrace that culture in what they do in their communities, and how they see themselves mirrored in artifacts from their local area. The writer from our local newspaper, the Hudson Star-Observer, called this the “community in a box” notion
(www.hudsonstarobserver.com/event/group/group/Communities/).

I love it! Actually, visit this link and you can read all about the installation!

It is WAY too early in my year to have features, to do lists – these will come in due time. For now, savor the summer, plan for the Fall, and carry all thing Rotary in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment